Director of Finance
The Director of Finance will act as a business partner to the management team, driving compliance, providing financial reporting and analysis, and optimizing profitability and free cash flow. This position reports to the President. The Director of Finance will analyze and provide operational management accurate and key financial information, to ensure internal controls are in place and functioning properly.
- Provide timely and complete financial results to site and division management.
- Proactively provide in-depth analysis of product cost standards and actual results discussing variances and methods to improve performance.
- Establish objectives for the organization to meet budgeted and financial targets as planned
- Work closely with Business Unit President to develop prudent budget targets and provide timely information on monthly performance results.
- Responsible for staying apprised of all Federal, State, and Local tax laws and business regulations that affect company operations
- Solve complex issues related to the interpretation and application of accounting policies and procedures, and explores alternative solutions to improve company’s financial reporting
- Provide financial analysis and commentaries on monthly profit & loss, manufacturing variances, days inventory on hand, balance sheet and other relevant key performance indicators, with comparisons to forecast and budgets
- Work with the Finance team to handle accounting operations. Ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and that they comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and / or international financial reporting standards.
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance, Accounting, Business, Operations, or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, cost accounting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting/finance concepts, principles, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility – excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects of complex scope