Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is accountable for achieving the People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost targets through the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model.
- Role modeling a culture that is aligned to the company values and principals.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied and that their Value Streams are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
- Developing first-class leaders who are readily able to progress to the next level of leadership, when required, and who embody the company culture principles
- Leading and developing the Value Stream Teams in the delivery of People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost targets, meeting customer and stakeholder commitments
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model across their Value Streams, with active involvement in problem solving and the management system. Gemba is the approach taken to understand and solve problems
- Contributing to the site strategy as part of the site Leadership Team, and ensuring its execution across their Value Streams
- Holding the site functional leadership accountable for deploying the Global standards and enabling the Value Stream teams to meet their targets
- Ensuring the disciplined execution of Daily Management through the conscientious adherence to Leader Standard Work
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities:
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of aerospace manufacturing experience.
- Experienced in a world class lean manufacturing environment with the ability to drive improvement at the plant level.
- Experienced in a high volume/fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Deep understanding of metric driven performance management.